Calling all communications and marketing professionals! MNA is looking for a talented communications coordinator to join our team in Okemos (in the greater Lansing area). Duties will include overseeing the MNA blog! Think you or someone you know would be a fit? Application information follows the job description.
The Communications Coordinator works closely with senior management to develop effective an effective multi-channel statewide communications strategy that supports MNA’s conservation, education and fundraising goals.
Specific duties include:
- Serve as senior editor of Michigan Nature magazine, managing all aspects of the production of a high-visibility statewide publication
- Manage the production of other major publications, including MNA’s annual report, guidebooks and various educational materials
- Maintain MNA’s website, social media platforms and bi-weekly e-news emails
- Manage MNA’s branding and public awareness campaigns, including periodic public radio underwriting and major-market newspaper supplements
- Coordinate direct mail communications with MNA’s volunteers, members and donors
- Develop various promotional materials and merchandise, including T-shirts and other apparel
- Recruit and manage interns
- Assist in special events and other community outreach efforts
- Oversee the work of contractors, vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communication or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated graphic design skills and high proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience in website design and social platforms, including content management;
- Experience coordinating major events like annual meetings, fundraising auctions, etc.;
- Familiarity with the principles of nonprofit fundraising;
- Knowledge of and commitment to MNA’s mission;
- Proficiency in with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other general business software programs.
- Experience in video editing and production;
- Experience working with interns and volunteers;
- Experience with list development and databases like DonorPerfect;
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Position offers health insurance benefits (with certain co-pays), life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation, and a 403(b) savings plan.
Resumes and supporting materials accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter including salary requirements, resume, at least one relevant writing sample, and at least three professional references to Paul Steiner, Operations Director, via email to email@example.com or by mail to Operations Director, Michigan Nature Association, 2310 Science Parkway, Okemos, MI 48864.
The Michigan Nature Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Learn more about MNA! These photos give a glimpse into our nature sanctuaries, initiatives and events (click to enlarge photo gallery):