Are you passionate about the environment but aren’t sure how to help? Do you love Michigan and the beautiful natural areas found here? Do you think plant and animals species diversity should be protected? Then you should consider becoming an MNA member! An MNA member cares about the environment in Michigan, and wants to make a difference to protect special natural areas for future generations.
What Are the Benefits?
Once you become a member, you will:
• Be part of a 60-year-old conservation organization with a proven track record as an active land conservancy engaged in ongoing stewardship and acquisition programs.
• Know that you are making a difference in the protection of more than 10,000 acres of Michigan’s most special natural areas with a focus on rare species and habitats.
• Join an organization in which the members elect a Board of Trustees, who in-turn decide policy and practice for projects and initiatives at sanctuaries throughout the state.
• Gain access to the latest MNA updates and news through publications like the quarterly newsletter, as well as sanctuary guides, trail maps and road maps as they are updated.
• Find an easy connection to Michigan-specific environmental news and education pieces on our website and blog, as well as interesting and relevant in-depth features in our newsletter.
• Receive invitations to more than 100 events hosted by MNA each year, including educational activities and annual events like hikes, field trips, presentations and volunteer days as well the Adventure Series, Recognition Dinner and Members’ Meeting.
How Much Does It Cost?
• Individual Membership – $35 – This membership is best for individuals wishing to support MNA’s efforts. $30.00 per membership for two or more individual memberships
• Living Lightly – $20 – This membership option is intended for students, seniors and others with financial difficulty who would like to be a part of our work protecting Michigan’s natural places. A Living Lightly member is entitled to the same benefits as that of an individual/organization member
• Family Membership – $60 – The Family Membership is for two or more individuals who live together. All Family members are entitled to the same benefits as that of an individual/organization member
• Business Partner – $100 – This membership is ideal for businesses and organizations that wish to support the Mission and goals of MNA. The main contact nominated by the business or organization is entitled to the same benefits as that of an individual member
How Do I Join?
You can join MNA and begin supporting our efforts to protect special natural areas across the state by entering your information at our online store. You may also contact our office with credit card or check information by calling 517-655-5655.
When Should I Do It?
Right now. There’s no time like the present. Another animal species goes extinct every 20 minutes, and natural land is constantly being developed. Join us and help protect Michigan’s special natural areas and the species that inhabit there.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a member, join us at our annual member meeting Saturday, April 9, in Fenton. For more information, click here.